Thursday, January 15, 2009

Salad Sucks

Salad is not filling. I don't care what anyone says, either. Unless you load the thing with meat and cheese, it is not a meal. Since I hate lettuce, I have been eating raw veggies off of my salad at lunch. That paired with an orange today left me ravenous when I got home from work at 4:45. My wonderful husband decided it would be a good idea to make brownies that wound up staring me in the face as soon as I entered the house. Thanks for the support honey! My morning snack consists of a handful of pretzels, which is at least OK for the salt part of it, but a handful of brownies late this afternoon would have been much more satisfying.
So why is it that my daughter wants to drink my Slim-Fast? She calls it a milkshake (if she only knew), and downs it like it is one. Dinner tonight was fighting Macie for part of that crappy vanilla "shake" and some crackers. Yummy!
Midnight has been the bewitching hour of my hunger pangs. I can't sleep as it is, and to be going to bed hungry downright blows.
The exercise thing is working out OK. My friend Kelly lent me some workout DVDs and (along with Macie at my side) I did part of the Biggest Loser one and finished with 45 minutes on the treadmill. Not bad for the lately sedentary me!
And, what the hell is willpower? It is a load of crap, that's what it is. And, it is something I definitely don't have much of.
Anybody ever hear of fat and happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment