Monday, January 12, 2009

The Night Before

OK...so I joined the "Biggest Loser" competition at work. I need help. I need to pay money and have someone weigh my fat butt weekly so I can finally embark on an adventure that I should have started years ago! Anyway, the first official weigh in is tomorrow. I'm sure to scare the heck out of the nurse doing the data. She'll take one look at the number on the scale and think to herself, "Good thing Julie signed on to do this!''
It's not a secret. I'm fat. I'm downright, sincerely, sickening fat (for me, anyway). My thought has always been that if I had inherited the tall gene I could continue the way I am going. The fat would just disperse in other (taller) areas. Too bad my parents are short and, thanks to them procreating, here I am in all of my 5' 2" chubby glory.
There has been no real epiphany about this for me, either. I like to eat, I enjoy food, and my pants don't fit. Simple as that.
Shall I reveal my weight? Well, I think not. Not now anyway. I'm not really sure of the exact number, and I'm not sure I really want to know. Tuesdays until March 17th will be all-telling!
So, here's to the cake, brownies, cookies, candy bars, pizza, chips, dip, and pop that I will be missing dearly. I will be back someday junk food....when I learn how to eat you in moderation. Does that really happen? :)
As my parents always said..."We've got a diet for you....push yourself away from the table!"
Ah, to be that easy....how I wish!

To my fellow team members and ACS competitors...Here's to successful weight loss for all of us!
Good luck!

1 comment:

  1. lol, okay so I want details - there has to be some cash for the winner(s)? How many people are on this competition? So, what will become your morning drink if it can't be coke? hmmm - maybe water. LOL, right! Hmm, maybe Phyllis can join in on the fun????

    well, good luck jul - just don't get skinnier than me - then I'll have to lost weight.

    have a fun time.
    your pal margaret.

    ReplyDelete